January 25, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Around comes another year on the Chinese calendar and this time its the year of the almighty.... DRAGON!!!
Chinese new year 2012-32

I've been looking forward to the turn of the new year since the start of last year. Why? Because (us Asians are so damn superstitious) last year was the year of the Rabbit, which was the year that I was born in and they say that if its your 'year' you're meant to get alot of bad luck... which I admit, happened to me (be it that I was sensitive to it happening due to my superstition or not!)

Either way, start of the new year means a new beginning... something I've needed :D So, sending happiness and prosperity to everyone!! Gong Hei Fat Choy!!!

Chinese new year 2012-15
I was quite festive this year actually. To bring in the new year I made a Chinese New Year themed cake and cupcakes. 

Chinese new year 2012-14
Chinese new year 2012-12
Lol see all that "Choy" aka gold and prosperity!! Only thing now is for it to turn into reality muahahhahaha

Chinese new year 2012-11
Flowers for beauty and a new beginning

Chinese new year 2012-10
Olden day coins for prosperity

Chinese new year 2012-9
Kumquat for luck

Chinese new year 2012-8
Olden day gold nuggets (equivalent of notes today)

Chinese new year 2012-7
Firecrackers to scare away evil/bad spirits and welcome in the good ones!

Chinese new year 2012-5
Mum commented that this little girl looks like me when I was younger....

Chinese new year 2012-4
Little Boy with "Choy Sun Yeh" (God of Prosperity) Hat

Chinese new year 2012-3 Chinese new year 2012-16
I had to make a special note of this, it is REALLY HARD to pipe curves upwards!! lol

Chinese new year 2012-17 Chinese new year 2012-18 Chinese new year 2012-19 Chinese new year 2012-20 Chinese new year 2012-21
HAHAHA because I'm a "fake" Asian as Wobbles puts it, I actually wrote this word wrong.. until corrected by mum lol I missed one tiny stroke .. oppsies!

Chinese new year 2012-22
Since I was getting all Asiany and Chinesey I decided to invent some new flavours for my cakes too!! This one is Lychee, Coconut and Vanilla. OMG not to blow my own trumpet but this is GOOD!!! The smaller cupcakes had different flavours: Coconut and Chocolate, Pandan and Coconut and Vanilla and Lychee.

Chinese new year 2012-23

 Also a very warm welcome to my lovely... now, I'm not too sure what I'd call her? My second cousin? or my "niece". I think its different in Asian and Caucasian culture. She's my cousins baby, lovely little Adeline! She was brought into the world just a few days before CNY. A beautiful baby girl, very cute! Wishing Mum and bubba the best ♥

Chinese new year 2012-26
Adeline and Me 

Chinese new year 2012-27

Chinese new year 2012-29

Chinese new year 2012-30

Chinese new year 2012-31

Chinese new year 2012-33
And look what arrived in the mail the morning of CNY! The business cards I've been patiently waiting for!!! 

A special Announcement:
I'm starting to take on cake, sweets and cupcake orders. Every order is specially designed and personalised for you. If you are interested please do not hesitate to pop me an email at thedaintybaker@gmail.com, I'd love to hear your fabulous ideas!





5 comments:

  1. Nawww these are so cute. I love the little boy and girl. And I think the baby is your first cousin, once removed (because of the generation difference).

    Happy New Year and gung hei fatt choy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you get bad luck in your year...shoot, I am year of the dragon!

    Those look fab, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Absolutely love the New Year-themed cake and cupcakes, especially with the gold detailing which actually does look gold (vs the funny bronze colour things normally appear!).

    Hope the Year of the Dragon brings you much luck, prosperity and baking business =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Rhonda! The cupcakes and cake look so awesome. Good luck for your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I'd love to hear from you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...